Marathon Man

You may not know this, but I've been training for a marathon over the recent months. The marathon itself is on at the start of October, and although I'm comfortably up to 15 miles (that's 24km for my metric-minded cousins) I have not said much to too many people. I haven't tried to hide it, it's just I haven't been fully sure if I will be able do the full thing. Anyway, it's decision time, as I have to formally register, so time to get off the fence and commit.

And no, I'm not doing the time thing. For me, the important piece will be the achievement. I mainly walk, with a small amount of running, meaning I get to enjoy the experience, and take in the wonderful sights as I go.

Of course this has meant less time 'dans le jardin' - will have a bit of catching up to do when marathon is over!

In the meantime, let me share some of the wonderful sights with you from my wanderings.

Have a great one!






















Comments