Three, two, one ....

I've been away from the garden over the past week apart from the quick coming and going, mostly when it's been dark, so haven't footmen to do some of the things I've wanted to do by this stage. 

Particularly, putting away the remainder of the tender plants. It's not that we haven't had cold weather, or frosts. We have. It's more about the constant cold weather we've now hit, with daytime temperatures between 5 and 9 degrees celcius and night temperatures between 0 and 3 degrees. So cold, with a layer of more cold for good measure!

So, my other half was sending me temperature updates throughout the day yesterday, and about 9pm it reached one degree celcius. I have to say, I was delighted to get home just over an hour later. It was straight into the plants area and removing as many of the plants into the greenhouse as possible. This included the Begonias, which had been turned on their side to assist dieback, some Fuchsias still in leaf and flower, Coronilla, Callistemon and Dahlias still in pots.


One nice Fuchsia (unnamed) was still in leaf and flower, so this came indoors.
I'm not sure what the eventual low temperature was last night, but it was cold, and I'm glad I made the effort.
Now to sort out and arrange the greenhouse ...


Happy gardening and stay warm.

Comments